Cook at fast food kiosk electrocuted

Ghaziabad: A 28-year-old at a fast food got electrocuted and his younger brother suffered serious burns when he tried to save the former who had come in with an iron pole from which electricity was flowing in Sihani Gate area on Friday.
The victim has been identified as Dharmu while his 20-year-old brother Amar has survived with serious burns.

“The accident took place around 9am when Dharmu was working at the kiosk in Lohia Nagar. Suddenly, he came in with a pole and suffered electric shock. On hearing Dharmu’s cries, Amar rushed towards him and tried to separate him from the pole. He managed to isolate him from the pole, but in this process, he also suffered burn injuries,” Dharmu’s cousin Rajesh said.

Amar subsequently rushed his brother to MMG District Hospital, where he was declared brought dead. Rajesh said Amar had suffered injuries on his hands and is undergoing treatment at the government hospital.

Rajesh has filed a complaint in this regard. Police have sent the body for postmortem.

Sanjay Kumar Pandey, SHO, Sihani Gate police station said: “We have received a complaint. However, no one is blamed for the mishap. We will investigate how the electricity flowed through the pole.”

Dharmu was living with his parents, brother, wife and two kids for past many years in Lohia Nagar.

Get latest news & live updates on the go on your pc with . Download The for your device. in English and other languages.