BBMP sets deadline to remove non-Kannada boards

BENGALURU: In its drive against non-Kannada signboards, the (BBMP) has issued notices to 3,681 commercial establishments for displaying signboards in languages other than . The civic agency has dismantled 515 such boards.
“Those who’ve received notices have been given 15 days to replace their signboards. If they don’t, we’ll remove the boards and penalise them. We’ve already collected Rs 16,500 as fine,” said , chief health officer, BBMP.

The Palike had warned establishments of removing non-Kannada signboards and cancelling their trade licences from July 30. Since then, health inspectors across all zones have been visiting malls/markets and issuing notices.

The corporation had conducted a similar drive last year after Kannada Development Authority chairman SG directed them to ensure all shopping malls and commercial establishments in the city had signboards in Kannada, but it soon lost steam. As per regulations, at least 60% of the writing on signboards should be in Kannada and the remaining 40% in English and other languages.

Mayor R said no licences have been cancelled so far.
Get latest news & live updates on the go on your pc with . Download The for your device. in English and other languages.

Just-released report names Cannabis Stock of the Year for 2019! Their last pick has seen a +1,200% return since he released it!

This stock has all of the makings of the next great cannabis stock – early-mover advantage, international exposure and influential partnerships, plus it has a product that is unlike anything else on the market…

You will also receive a free, weekly newsletter to stay on top of the latest industry trends, read analysis on promising cannabis stocks, and more. Click here to receive your Free Report immediately!

Receive News & Ratings Via Email - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.